Friday, February 6, 2009

Splashing!

Thanks to Bill, our 6th grade history teacher, I had that extra cup of coffee this morning - straight from BTG! That began the theme of the day - BEDLAM! Bedlam in the good sense of the word - creative energy all over the place! Blogs were the 'fire' of the day - or rather the spark that ignited tons of questions, observations, and opportunities to interact with colleagues. We all learned a bit more and I firmly believe that these will impact our learning much more than we can predict. I also spent time discussing forums for an upcoming presentation by our Dean of Faculty. Again, this provides learners with a place to pause and reflect on the subject matter. Teachers can tap into the thought process of these learners, encouraging deeper reflection or commenting on new ideas. We need to pause and reflect. I need to pause and reflect. What are the best practices? How do we best encourage learning and ownership of this extraordinary adventure?

I am glad it is Friday - as I walk the dog along the lake, I will reflect back on this week and school. With a clarifying pause, I will have my coffee on Monday morning ready to harness that energy called learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around the corner from our school is a closet coffee front aptly named BTG, Bedlam to Go! That's the educational adventure - creating a learning atmosphere that encourages a bit of chaotic creativity and insightful reflection where ever you may be! Learn! Grow! Play!