Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Walk

Earlier this week, Penelope and I went for a walk along the lake. It had been a long day and many things were on my mind.  The weather was drab.  I was listening to"Eat, Pray, Love" by Melissa Gilbert on my ancient iPod.  My walking books this year on the theme of journey


Life and learning are intertwined.  These past few months of diving headfirst into a new learning community has been wonderful, challenging, frustrating and messy.  I've learned a great deal on this adventure and have met some wonderful compatriots who are passionate about learning and bringing out the gifts of students. I have also experienced the opposite in others who are involved.

Lesson learned:  Listen to your own heart and trust your internal compass. My task this fall is writing and writing abundantly.  I've chosen to step away from the new school - a vision I believe in but a leadership environment that is not conducive to collaborative or collegial experiences.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Around the corner from our school is a closet coffee front aptly named BTG, Bedlam to Go! That's the educational adventure - creating a learning atmosphere that encourages a bit of chaotic creativity and insightful reflection where ever you may be! Learn! Grow! Play!